Dining room mood board

Hi lovely folks of blogland. I'm not doing very well with posting more regularly, but I do want to thank you all for popping in to say hello and leave me lovely comments.

Along with the walls, the pendant lights were the thing I wanted to change the most in this room.  The style I fell in love with was so different to the rest of the room I thought it would clash in a really bad way but sometimes you have to stick to your gut instinct, so that’s what I did…

I created a few mood boards so I could see what it would look like. It’s more of a tweak actually because all the existing pieces of furniture will stay; the dining table, chairs, the painted buffet, a mirror, the rug and artwork.  So I kept those in the mood boards and played with different light fittings as well as the one I really wanted.  I also added to the mix the wallpaper I found in Midhurst, which although wildy floral, I absolutely love. It was all looking good except my candle sconces which are gold rococo inspired with hanging crystals (you can visualise how French country it was looking before) to more modern ones because the frisson between the new ceiling light and the sconces was not a good one! I already have one Abigail Ahern pineapple sconce, so I'm pinching this one from the lounge and buying another one to make a pair, 'cos I do like a little symmetry.

So once again I’m staying true to my bohemian roots and all things floral, it’s a slightly crazy, eclectic floral vintage lady meets a hint of mid-century modern….but somehow it all works without causing any real friction between the different styles.

I’ll be starting this towards the end of January. I’ll have to endure Christmas with ugly ceiling lights in the meantime but I can think of worse things... Speaking of Christmas, how far are you all with your gift buying? I still have a few gifts I need to buy my son. I find buying for my daughters so much easier…I wonder why?



Happy Christmas shopping! I'm doing a little countdown here as Honeybee arrives home for the holidays next Saturday!

Take care
Sharon
x









Comments

  1. A Merry Christmas to you and your family Sharon!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts