Eye can see you...

Hi everyone, did you all enjoy the bank holiday weekend?
  Monday was the most beautiful sunny day!

I've had a couple of really good cycle rides lately.  There's nothing quite like feeling the wind in your hair and smelling the sea breeze as you ride along, pure bliss!  My aching muscles are testimony of my eagerness to cycle thrice weekly, if not daily!  Nothing too strenuous mind, just enough to get my heart racing and thighs stinging!


On a trip to Malaga a few years ago, I bought this lovely little card from the Picasso museum.  I knew at the time it would look great framed, but it lay in my card drawer unnoticed until I came across it recently and decided it was time for him to go up on the wall.  I found an Ikea frame with a mount board the exact size of the card.  He's intense, I can tell you that...his stare seems to follow you around the room, but I love that about Picasso...

Art doesn't have to be expensive to be effective.  A stunning card can be framed and made to look like an original drawing or painting.













Have a great week!
Sharon
xxx

Comments

  1. I like your style! I am an artist and love to paint. I never frame a painting the size I paint it. I frame it by posing the painting under a matt until the composition is just perfect and says what I want it to. Works every time. I've even salvaged a few paintings I thought had no hope, when I found that parts of them did! I was in Ireland for the Bank Holiday last year. Oh my, how I wish I were there again now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the day darling...much love Ria...xxx..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cycling image, I love to walk, I walk about four kilometres a day, all year long, unless it's more than -35, then I stay home and walk inside to a dvd.
    The Picasso is lovely.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea!

    And such wonderful flowers!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  5. The art really makes a statement in the room...a conversation piece with a bit of whimsy...
    Thanks so much for stopping by, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts