Thursday, 19 December 2013

Love

It's a busy time of year and I haven't been blogging or reading other blogs as frequently as I'd like to.  But I've also been busy crafting and creating, and I love nothing better than making my own gifts at this time of year.

Way back in summer I was digging out some lino cuts I did years ago and thought I'd like to try it again, so off to the art shop I went and bought a piece of really soft lino, some tools, a roller and ink.  It took me another couple of weeks to take it out and actually get creative and then when I did, I found myself totally void of inspiration.  I knew I wanted to use letters and had more a less an image in my mind.  I wanted it to be a statement, because the word LOVE encompasses so many things. It's very basic, but I had such a sense of accomplishment after I'd finished them!  These cards are signed and can serve as little artworks if they are framed. I love how they are slightly imperfect and look totally hand printed, which of course they are! These are all going to my friends with a handmade clay Christmas decoration to hang on the tree!





I've also been baking non stop for a few days now and I am slightly sick at the sight of butter and sugar! But more about that later...

Are you finished baking, making and creating?

Sharon
xxx




6 comments:

  1. Your Love cards are beautiful, your friends will feel blessed indeed to receive one of those. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lindos seus cartões, seus amigos vão adorar! Aproveito para desejar a você e sua família um lindo Natal!
    beijo querida,
    Denise - dojeitode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your litho's look lovely Sharon! Such a good idea!

    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas! Have a good time.

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely. I have been baking all day I have given up counting the number times I have washed up!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards look lovely and here in Holland we have started too.. Good luck with all th things you want to do
    Hugs
    Erna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindo projeto, Sharon...todo o ano faço os meus e me sinto muito feliz criando algo bem personalizado.
    Querida amiga, desejo que tenhas um Feliz Natal repleto de paz e harmonia e que 2014 te traga somente coisas boas, muitas alegrias junto a teus famíliares e ao teu trabalho.
    Bjos com carinho
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete