A little bedroom makeover

In December last year I started on a little long distance bedroom redesign. It's not a huge project, just doing a few tweaks here and there which will hopefully freshen up the entire space.  

The challenge is the client is 12000km away, the budget is tight and all I've got to go on is a few photos taken from different angles. I’d love to get on a plane and spend three weeks pulling it all together, but that’s not going to happen any time soon!

The brief was for a calm and relaxing bedroom not too much colour and no large screaming patterns.  She was very specific about the colours she wanted; teal blue, pale blue and taupe.   The client is quite traditional in style, so I kept that in mind and didn't go too modern.  On the up side, the room is a good size with large windows and plenty of natural light and wood flooring. All the pieces of furniture were staying in the room, the pine console table, the rattan headboard and side tables, which are kind of cute but I thought we could improve on the overall look of the room whilst still keeping within budget.

I created two different mood boards that have slightly different accessories, like lamps, rugs and cushions and then asked client which one she liked best. She chose elements from both boards.  In this particular instance, the client has to source the products herself, trying to match the products as much as possible to the design brief.  So we have this thing going on where she sends me pics of cushions, rugs and table lamps and I say yay or nay! And this has been going on for a few weeks now!  If she can’t find the products we are looking for I might just have to purchase them here and send them over, but for now, our plan seems to be working out pretty well.  

Although the overall scheme is quite tonal, I have managed to incorporate texture and pattern and a pop of yellow to brighten it all up and add a bit of visual interest.

So I thought I would show you the two mood boards I started with:







And here are a few before photos: 



I'll keep you updated on the progress a little later in the year.

Take care
Sharon
xxx

Comments

  1. Wowww Sharon That looks great...!!...i can't wait to see the rest.....love Ria...x!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both Sharon, despite green/blue is not exactly my colour. Well done
    Hugs
    Erna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Erna, lovely to hear from you again! x

      Delete
  3. The blue one is my favourite...
    Warm hug to you,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sharon! I'm back!!!! I love the first mood board .... the rug is gorgeous! I would love to see it when you are finished!
    best wishes
    Frances xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frances lovely to see you back in Blogland! x

      Delete
  5. Wow! They look great, your client is going to have a hard time choosing between them.

    Have a nice week dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts