You decide

The debate is on...plain white or colour?



I have to admit, when I was looking for white spaces to add to this post, they do look beautiful and I really admire those who manage to put together a great white space and live in it without feeling the slightest desire to add any colour!

On the other hand, it takes a certain amount of courage to get colour just right...
 It's not just a random pick and wham it all works, there is a certain amount of cohesion that makes certain colours work alongside another.

Personal taste right?

Forgive me right now for I do not wish to offend anyone, but pure white spaces seem to freak me out!  Think One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and you're right where I am when I'm looking at these ultra white spaces!  I just want to RUN!!!

All that aside....my family would just not ALLOW me to create an all white living space...I'm from Africa remember....think spices, saffron, sun flowers, red peppers, blue skies, colourful fabrics etc etc.... 


Okay, so enough about what I like...
what do you like?
And more importantly, what could you live with?









(pics all via pinterest: for the home part deux, 
 gabby doremus, mono lily, peonies and brass)






Have a happy day!
Sharon
xxx

Comments

  1. Have a nice day darling....love Ria...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharon:
    Pure white spaces are not for us, we have to say. However, a white backdrop, particularly when not brilliant white, can really set off the most flamboyant of interiors and that does have appeal for us. Still, in our case, more is more and even more is even better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane and Lance, I have to agree....I lean towards more is more, within context and assuming that all the elements work well together!

      Delete
  3. Sharon, para mim, o branco é a base perfeita para receber outras cores e texturas...estou trocando todo o piso da minha casa, minha escolha foi a cerâmica branca porque ilumina, amplia e valoriza os outros itens da decoração mas sinceramente não conseguiria viver num espaço decorado em branco total.
    Tenha um ótimo dia.
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Silvia, I too have white ceramic floor tiles, they do set off all the furniture nicely, a little cold underfoot, but a few rug add colour and warmth! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts